Saturday, November 13, 2010

Paris and the Parker Palms Springs


I'm really sorry I have not posted one time this week. It's been a whirlwind. In between jet lag naps, I made some major technology purchases (iMac, iPad, and replacing my lost camera)  and have also been working non stop catching up on work projects and emails. I promise lots of Paris details, minus photos. (I mentioned that we lost the camera on a train on the very last day didn't I? Total devastation.) Anyway, I thought that since I have not had an exactly relaxing weekend, I could at least research our next vacation spot. I'm thinking a road trip down the coast of California with a definite stop at the Parker Palms Spring. Who can resist a hotel that has such a fabulous mission statement?


We believe in the American country club experience: mixed doubles, a long steam, and a stiff cocktail.
We believe in inner beauty. But, do what you can on the outside.
We believe in old-world etiquette and new age simplicity.
We believe you can swim right after you eat.
We believe we should trust those seeking enlightenment and doubt those who claim to have found it.
We believe the earth is three-quarters water, and your body is three-quarters water, and... this is purely coincidence.
We believe in good sport as well as fitness: Pétanque and Pastis, Pimms Cup and Croquet, Snooker and single malt whiskey.
We believe you are only young once... but you can be immature forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment