Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a great opportunity for a young hustler


My first job out of college was managing a women's clothing and shoe boutique called Monkee's. Monkee's started in Wilmington, NC, where I live, and has grown to over two dozen stores in the southeast. Right out of college, I managed the store and was able to go on buying trips and run the store like it was my own. It was the first job where my boss made an investment in me, knowing that I would eventually move on, but taking the patience and the time to teach me things not only about what I was responsible for at the store, but things that I would encounter in future opportunities. I worked hard not only because I wanted to do well at my job, but I didn't want to disappoint my boss. Six years later, I still think about our conversations daily and am so grateful that I had such a wonderful mentor.
Monkee's is a franchise ran by incredibly successful, determined women who are also kind and generous. These women were my door "in" and I wouldn't be where I am now without them. 
That's why I want to share this opportunity with you. Monkee's of Wilmington, the flagship store, is looking for a social media and public relations intern. It's a rare opportunity, especially in North Carolina, and something that if I were in college, I would jump at. I've volunteered to mentor this intern as much as I can, and introduce them to all the things I've learned along the way. 
So, if you, or someone you know is interested in a career of social media, pubic relations, or fashion, please tell them to send their resume to trish@monkeeswilmington.com. To learn more details, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Sent to all my Wilmington friends, wish I was there to join the team!

    ReplyDelete