Monday, March 25, 2013

Surf Style at Home

Thankfully, my husband didn't come with over sized leather furniture, sports posters, or deer heads, but he did come with about a dozen surfboards. Instead of cramming them all under our house and in our shed, I decided to hang a few of the nicer ones in our house as art work. We have a lot of long walls in our house and 11' ceilings, so hanging these surfboards was great because they took up empty walls that would have taken us a long time to fill. 
I love seeing boards used as artwork in other homes, especially the bottom picture of skateboards hung in Michelle Adams (former Lonny magazine editor) NYC apartment. 


 



I might be the last person to know this, but thought I would share anyway!
Diane von Furstenberg designed a limited collection of bathing suits, cover-ups, and even surfboards for Roxy (think the great DVF prints at the Roxy price)! I love the prints of the bathing suits and wouldn't mind one of these boards on our walls! See the full collection here.

5 comments:

  1. Loved those artistic boards...good idea..thanks for sharing...
    Great interior

    Android Developer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! The green one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This theme is actually so cute and such a good idea!I saved some of these images.

    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love the look of surfboards in a home. And DVF + Roxy? Brilliant.

    Great blog!

    I'm your newest follower.

    XO,
    Catherine
    FEST (food, style, travel)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete