Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Inspiration

The husband and I are staying in tonight to decorate our house for Christmas. This time of year is full of dinner parties and work obligations and we have plans almost every night from now until Christmas. Whew! I'm missing a great party tonight, but I'm not sure if the tree would go up before Christmas if we didn't do it tonight. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all! 

We are having a little soiree of our own December 19th for our neighborhood's annual Christmas Crawl and will have over 100 people in our tiny house, so the pressure is on! Here are a few photos I have pulled for a little decoration inspiration...


 I have ordered boxwood and will  make wreaths for our front door and double windows and hang them with thick, black and white striped ribbon.

 I'm trying my hand at paperwhites for our bar and entry table. They smell so good and I've heard they are hard to kill. What a plus!

Black and white wrapping paper keeps things contemporary while red taffeta ribbon will add a touch of glamour under the Christmas tree. 

White hydrangeas like in Aerin Lauder's home are inexpensive and make a bold statement for any holiday party.

Paperwhites and metallic are classic holiday combinations

I'm a sucker for that real tree smell, but this is a great alternative. I love that they have used a beautiful urn as their tree stand.

Another great photo of Aerin Lauder's home. Everything about this says holiday without the typical red and green combination.

Off to make the perfect chili and turn up Bing Crosby's holiday station.
I hope you all are having a great time decorating this holiday season!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment