Thursday, December 2, 2010

Life's Updates

After loosing our camera in Paris, I have made a promise to upload photos on a consistent basis and share photos with family and friends whenever possible. I hope that these don't bore some of you to death, but I wanted to share life's updates from the past month.

First things first, I am NOT a sports fan, except when it comes to Carolina basketball. I have no control over it and no excuse, except to blame it on my father and now my husband. We were invited by our sweet friend Dustin to join him for the UNC vs UNC Asheville game and sat in row G. Those are the best seats I have ever sat in.

While the game was a little closer than we would have liked, the real entertainment was that John Edwards was sitting across from us. Have you read The Politician by Andrew Young? It is fascinating! 

Wedding season is officially over for the year, but Salt Harbor has been busy with other projects including a holiday photo shoot for Wrightsville Beach Magazine. Salt Harbor was not only featured in the magazine, but also made the cover! Fisherman's Wife let us borrow beautiful china, glassware, and linens, while Jennifer brought the entire coastal Christmas look together. Isn't that view incredible?

We spent Thanksgiving with my in-laws in Ocean Isle Beach and I made my first pumpkin pies (forgot the egg white so it didn't quite set), cranberry sauce (used a grapefruit instead of an orange on total accident but had a nice surprise), and a healthy green bean casserole. This photo was taken in our kitchen by Gray while I was on the phone with my mom, trying to figure out why the pumpkin pies weren't firm after being in the oven for over an hour. Mom came to the rescue and it made her feel better that I still, in even the smallest way, still needed her. 

 While I had cooking adventures of my own, on Thanksgiving day the husband got brave and made gravy with Cognac and wine. The Cheek family loves to add alcohol to everything. My mother in law always says that if you don't like the food, drink more wine. Don't mind if I do! Their house is always so full of life, with a lot of big personalities, five indoor dogs, and constant comradery between everyone. 

Thanksgiving Day was followed by a Flotilla oyster roast with a lot of our close friends. They had a beer truck, band, oysters, brunswick stew, as well as a huge television outside so that no one would miss the games during the party. 

Have I ever mentioned that I have two SINGLE brother in laws? Aren't they adorable? They are the best brother in laws I could ask for and I still can't believe how lucky I am. They came to the party that night and we had the best time. Clif (left) and Baxter (middle) are fabulous candidates and I have witnessed that they make great boyfriends. You can get in touch with them by sending me presents from Net-a-porter.com. I have a wish list waiting for those of you looking for great husbands and will send you right to them once the goods arrive on my doorstep. :)

Two of the boats


The band took a break and opened up the party to karaoke. It was a hit, and both Gray and Baxter participated.

 I can't quite remember what Baxter sang, but I'm almost positive it was Snoop Dog. He knew every word. Don't let the guy in the camo fool you. That's big Dane and he can rap with the best of them. 

Gray and our good friend Chris sang Digital Underground's Humpty Hump. Gray was that for Halloween last year and just can't let go.  Unreal...

Lastly, we bought a real Christmas tree tonight and have started decorating the house. I love how the house smells this time of year. The tree isn't quite up to sharing status, but as soon as it gets there, I'll be sure to post. 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment