Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Parties and Weekend Plans

Last night was Monkee's of Wilmington Holiday Open House. It's always so much fun to go to. They have champagne and hors d'oeuvres, a DJ, and 25% off the entire store. Every year, I see people that I haven't seen since the previous year and meet new friends as well; plus all the girls that work there are total dolls. This year was no different with lots of goodies including a trunk show from the New York City based store What Goes Around Comes Around featuring vintage furs and Chanel handbags and jewelery. Monkee's also had a ton of new holiday clothes and shoes in stock. 

This was one of my favorite finds of the night. Wouldn't that black dress be so great for Christmas or New Year's parties? I also am in love with the Kate Spade heels. Perfect for a cocktail dress or skinny jeans and a silk top and little jacket. 

This fur and bag are from What Goes Around Comes Around. I tried the bag on because, let's be honest, it would make the absolute best diaper bag ever, but I'm positive the husband would murder me if he saw a charge for $4500 anywhere on our credit card bill. It's pretty fab though, isn't it?

Vintage Chanel jewelry

Vintage Chanel bags from the 1980s and 1990s

Some of my favorite Chanel earrings

My favorite Chanel bag of the night, circa 1980.

Vintage furs from What Goes Around Comes Around. 

One of my other favorite items of the night was this jeweled jacket. I don't have a dressy winter coat and think that this might fit the bill. Perfect weight for Wilmington weather and would be great with cocktail dresses or jeans. I love the details.

Monkee's always has the best window displays for their holiday parties and this year did not disappoint. The photos don't do them justice, but all of their windows looked beautiful!

 After socializing for a few hours and catching up with old friends, it was great to go home and be greeted by Grayson and an anxious Polly Anna who just wanted a snuggle. (PS: She is looking a little raggedy these days but is on schedule to get a haircut next week. Bless her heart)

When I got home, Gray was watching the UNC game and it was the perfect opportunity for me to read the new House Beautiful that had just come in the mail. I almost stroked when I saw Society Social featured on page 28 under the subtitle "The Best." Isn't that incredible!? Roxy has come a long ways since she started last year and has ended up in one of the most prestigious design magazines out there. (I've told you that we are from the same home town and our parents live in the same neighborhood right?)


In baby news, I had my last doctor's appointment today before my official due date. I haven't progressed any since last Friday but my spirits are still high and I know she will make her debut when she is good and ready. I am just so anxious to meet Tilley-Gray I can hardly stand it. 

Tonight, Gray and I are having dinner with our new friends Shannon and Will Darrough and I can't wait! Oh, and I promise, nursery photos to come this weekend!

Have a fab Friday!
xoxo

1 comment: