Thursday, May 21, 2015

weekend road trip to charleston



This weekend Gray and I are high tailing it to Charleston for an adult only weekend and I could not be more excited. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and love spending the weekends with them, but I'm looking forward to having leisurely lunches, late dinners, and unscheduled days while we are there. We are going to visit good friends  that live right in the heart of Charleston. Our friends sent us a little sneak peak of the weekend, and luckily it's centered around great restaurants with a little paddle boarding and shopping in between. 

The Americano, Poe's,  492, and Cannon Green are all on the agenda and I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to shopping on King Street including stops at Hampden Clothing and Mac & Murphy.

Any favorites in Charleston I should add? Would love to hear!



5 comments:

  1. Have fun! That's where I'm from and though those restaurants are top notch, I always love Magnolia's for their homemade bleu cheese chips, shrimp and grits and mimosas, and oddly enough, there's a place in Park Circle in North Charleston (not far from downtown) called EVO that was voted the best pizza in SC. Cool ambiance with mason jars of water, juice glasses of prosecco, twinkle lights, amazing salads, and their pizza is the best! (Pistachio pesto is my favorite). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much any restaurant in Charleston is amazing by the Ordinary is our new favorite! Definitely a must try. You also can't go wrong at Husk, F.I.G. or McGrady's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were there last weeks and loved the restaurant at our hotel, Zero George, as well as Hall's Chophouse and FIG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for Lindsey Cheek who served as a wedding planner for a wedding at the Bellamy Mansion in October 2010. Stalking the internet (haha) I believe you helped with Katie & Matt's wedding. It looks like you have left the wedding planning business for a blossoming career in interior design. We would love the opportunity to talk with you about that wedding and are looking for a Day of Coordinator. If you would, please email me at nscarr84@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete