Monday, January 18, 2010

Trying my luck at pastry

In an ideal world, I would love to work from home, bake, clean, take pilates classes everyday and have an edible dinner on the table when the husband comes home. No such luck considering my daily three hour commute. (Remember, car, ferry, golf cart, repeat.) It's the Kings birthday, and husband and I both have the day off. I'm trying my hand at a recipe from here  that looks as pretty as I'm sure it tastes. I'm trying it out today and have already hit a snafoo. I'm no good at pastry and I don't have all of the right equipment so I'm improvising.

Doesn't it make you just want to squeal? Isn't that the perfect entree for a lunch with a side salad and a glass of Prosecco? Sigh. I'm not sure I will add a photo of what mine looks like because I can promise you it won't look like the one above. But practice makes perfect, right?

Photo via Design Sponge


The process was a lot of fun and I was worried because the pastry was really, really sticky. I was nervous, but everything turned out really tasty. I did not have a large enough food processor, so I used my mixer instead. I also didn't have a legit pastry tin, so I used a glass pie dish. This changed the timing of things, but it was still delish.





The dry ingredients

Prepping the pastry

Gray took this photo while standing on our counter. Cooper is hoping for pastry droppings.

The final product. Not nearly as pretty as I had hoped, but it was really good!




Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. OK Lindsey, Our mouths are watering--we may be Dessert Divas but this dish looks right up our alley. And your photo looks like you could be on the cover of a Cookbook! Can we get the recipe!
    Your Three Divas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are my first comment! Of course; I'll post the recipe on Monday! Thanks for the love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete