Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In Serious Need of a Vacation

Last night I dreamed of this

But woke up to this

I'm in serious need of a tropical vacation. Last night I had the best dream that Tilley-Gray and I were playing in the sand somewhere tropical. I woke up this morning freezing, which has only motivated me to find a great vacation when Grayson can take some time off in July. Any suggestions for great resorts that are good for families? We have never been in that category before!
It needs to be a place with tropical drinks and an ocean. Those are my only requirements!

In the meantime, I'm stocking my closet with beach must haves. Big sunglasses, breezy kaftans, flat sandals, and one bag to put all of these in. What are your vacation must haves? 



4 comments:

  1. Victoria House in Ambergris Caye, Belize. My husband and I were just there last week and it is fabulous!
    http://www.victoria-house.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams Resort and Spa La Romana, Dominican Republic. All inclusive resort (reasonably priced). Beautiful grounds, very clean and well maintained. We went there for Xmas, and while we don't have children, it is extremely family friendly! You have the beach and two big pools. Water sports (kayaking, snorkeling, catamaran, etc...) are all included. There is a lot of shade for those who don't want to burn or with very small children. Alcoholic drinks are delicious (and freeee)! There are eight restaurants in the resorts, so there is something for everyone (japanese, dominican, french, italian, mexican, Sea food grill, etc...) Room service works all day and night long.
    I should mention that dominicans are terribly friendly and accommodating! Which always makes a great vacation even better!
    Check out the Dreams website. They also have special offers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must check out the Regent Palms in Turks and Caicos. We were just there in Dec and it was heaven. Probably the BEST vacation since our honeymoon to Bora Bora. We brought our daughter and I was 5 and a half months pregnant at the time, but it was seriously so relaxing. The food was incredible and the resort just gorgeous. VERY family friendly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats Sonasali Fiji (i think thats how its spelt! ) Fiji is amazing and awesome for families! But i don't know anywhere closer to America as i'm a aussie;) Looks lovely and so gorgeous though doesn't it! I can fit in your suitcase right?!! lol

    ReplyDelete