Friday, June 18, 2010

New digs

The sofa and chairs arrived today! I am at work, awaiting a rehearsal dinner tonight, but had to sneak away to share these images the husband just sent me. I'm DYING to see them in person. What do you think?

Sorry for the fuzzy appearance. Gray sent it from his blackberry. I'm dying to see it in person, but the leather is pebbled and from Designers Guild. The sofa is from the dump in Chapel Hill that Gray thew in his truck just before we moved to Wilmington. I'm pretty sure rats were living in it and the wood had been gnawed on by termites. She has had major surgery, but I love the final product.
The pillows are the ones mentioned here, and I love the dragon man on them more than life itself. More pillows are being made right now in a great silk stripe to go behind the dragon man. Can't wait to show you those when they arrive!

These are what Sarah (my fab designer friend) calls "Hollywood" chairs. She has a crystal clear understanding how deep my obsession with Kelly Wearstler is, and knows that these are Hollywood Regency style at it's best. The fabric is from the $7.99 fabric store. It's also indoor/outdoor dog proof. Double score. Pillows to come on these babies as well.

This is an overall view of the living area. Sarah and I still have a lot that is cookin' right now, including paint, draperies, lamps, and side tables, but I love what we have started. The house is finally starting to feel like our home and I couldn't be more excited!  

2 comments: