Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grayson's Birthday Weekend Recap

Friday, we hosted a cookout for friends and neighbors and then caravaned to see the Avett Brothers. We had backstage passes from my good buddy, JR Roth, from East Coast Entertainment. If you ever need to book a band for a wedding or a party, he is a great person to call!


The Avett Brothers concert was the best concert I have ever been to. Those boys have so much energy, good gracious. They were like jumpin beans on stage. It beat all I have ever seen.


I'm a bad wife and didn't make a birthday cake, but I did buy killer cupcakes including key lime, coconut, and mint chocolate chip flavors. 

Me and the birthday boy. (Do you like the mint green nail polish? A four year old girl talked me into it at the nail salon. I'm such a sucker. It needs to come off before I meet with clients tomorrow!)

Our view for the concert. 

Do you remember me telling you about how we lost our camera in Paris? It still makes me so sad. Well, for Gray's birthday, his parents, my parents, and I went in together and bought him a new and improved camera. He was super excited and decided to take pictures the rest of the weekend. So, I apologize if this is totally boring, but I wanted to share these photos. 

Saturday we went to our favorite breakfast spot, walked Polly Anna downtown and went to the Azaela festival, then hit up Mixto for dinner before ending the night at our new favorite bar, Satellite. 



We spent all day today (Sunday) working in our front and back yard. The front yard is looking pretty good. I planted wave petunias in our front basket and our roses are going really starting to bloom. 
             

The backyard is a different story. We are in the process of building a shed so that Gray can get all of his guy crap out of the house before we kill each other and we are also building a patio. The patio is for two reasons. First, Cooper doesn't like grass and digs it up to lay in the dirt. Then he brings dirt and mud into the house. No good. Secondly, I think we will use our back yard a lot more if we have a sitting area and a nice place to entertain. Hopefully it will be complete in the next few weeks. 

I planted parsley, rosemary, mint, and basil in a window box so the dogs couldn't eat them like they did last year. 

This is where the little one likes to hang out while I'm working. 

 Of course, when she isn't hanging out on furniture that she isn't technically allowed to be on. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment