Monday, April 5, 2010

A Simple Life: Part 2

This dreamboat couple left their hectic Manhatten life and moved to a farm in Rhode Island. This is Emerson and Ryan of Emersonmade, a fab little design shop that sells gorgeous fabric flower pins and bobbles and all sorts of charming things. They are the makers and models for their inspiring company that is ran out of an old mill nearby their new farmhouse. Doesn't that sound so glamorous and non-stressful and charming?

Meet Emerson and Ryan



Their farm isn't just a farm. They have croquet and cocktails in the evenings


Emerson cooks

while her Mr. gardens



A trip to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning starts the weekend out perfectly

Now, meet their charming farmhouse...


So necessary; a place for boots and jackets and guns.
I love the black countertops and open shelving.

Perfect storage solutions with apothocary jars and woven baskets

Monogrammed towels and a party banner in the poweder room. Love it!




all photos via

What would you choose? Houseboat or Farmhouse? I have to say that my decision is split so I would take both, thank you.Either one would produce so  much creativity, so much pleasure, and so many great dinner parties, I don't think I could pick just one.  

Happy Monday!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is gorgeous, full of joy and always a welcomed escape from my pile of work! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with loads of eye candy and your fabulous personality. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your style, Lindsey. Everything I've seen on this blog is my dream style. PS. I know you'd mentioned "Jersey Housewives" to Sarah, but we were thinking "Jersey Shore via MTV" was more like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete