Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Art Love

I was flipping through the December issue of Elle Decor when I spotted a piece of art work that I absolutely adored. After google searching the internet and learning that the original piece was, of course, $5,000.00 I found 20x200, the most amazing place for inexpensive art. Not only did they have the piece that I was looking for in several affordable sizes, I also found four other prints that should be at my doorstep in no time. We are talking $20.00 a piece people. Incredible!
 I have had such a hard time with art in the past. It's either way to expensive, too cheesy, or just not right for our house. I found five great pieces that I think are a great start to a home art collection. 


This is the piece that led me to 20x200
I love this piece by French photographer, Christian Chaize.



This bird's eye view of a shipyard will satisfy the husband until he gets the real deal

I love the colors in the abstract painting. It's called Sugarcoat and when you look closely, you are able to see tiny pieces of candy

I love this so much. Photographer Sharon Montrose has a series of baby animals and has taken their profiles. Wouldn't this be great in a large scale for a modern nursery?

This graphic painting by Valerie Roybal has layered books, journals, and letters. Love!


So, this art is inexpensive, which is great, but framing can be the deal breaker when it comes to actually hanging the art in your house. Founder of 20x200, Jen Bekman, shares helpful tips in framing art here


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this find!!! I adore all your picks :) I'm def going to have to check her site out!

    ReplyDelete