Thursday, July 19, 2012

Design Road Trip

Yesterday, Shannon and I went on a little road trip to Raleigh. Equipped with music, magazines, and a notebook to make our to-do and goal list, we were on a mission to find fab fabric and furniture for our  clients. We got lost a time or two (or three or four) but found our way to some gorgeous things.

Thanks for all of your lunch suggestions from our Facebook post. We ended having lunch at Nofo and spotted this adorable antique shop. I love the trim and the stripes together. 


 We spent hours scouring one of our fabric showrooms and found the perfect fabrics for our clients. Fabric is one of my favorite parts of design and it was exciting to add to our library. 


The showroom has one of my favorite wallpapers at their checkout. I would love to put this in a powder room or a hallway. It would also be great lining bookshelves!

No trip to Raleigh is complete without stopping to see Jamie at Furbish. Her store is always full of inspiration and furry friends. We stopped at the most adorable cupcake shop to pick up treats for her and the Furbish girls. 

How cute is this cupcake shop

Are you following Poplin & Queen on Instagram? If not, what are you waiting for? We post pictures of  fabric, great design, cupcakes, and our adorable dogs and babies. Find us at poplinandqueen and on twitter @poplinandqueen

6 comments:

  1. Lindsey- what fabric store did you go to in Raleigh?

    thanks
    McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,

    Wondering whether you like your iPad cover and if so where you got it/who makes it? Debating the zip around to the tb closure.

    Thanks:)

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics, seems a wonderful trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOO funny that you snapped that Scalamandre zebra paper. I ordered a sample of it on Monday because of my impending bathroom renovation! Hope to get it today so I can start planning this project. (I wrote this post because I was feeling overwhelmed. I mean excited. http://focusonflair.blogspot.com/2012/07/reno-inspo.html) Glad you and Shannon had a successful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I need that wallpaper for my powder room! Does it come in yellow? Any idea where I could get it? Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabric store did u go to? I would love to know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete