Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Feeling Greige

 My house and closet are both full of color and I have never been much of a neutral person, but this weekend, Gray and I stumbled across a house, and we both instantly fell in love.  It had gorgeous walnut floors, pine planked walls in the living room, and a kitchen that had the most perfect color of greige cabinets. The house wasn't quite finished, and I instantly started dreaming up a design that was full of neutrals. 

Marble counter tops with warm cabinets.

A feminine sitting room with plenty of places to curl up.

Exposed beam ceilings, lanterns, and linen slip covered furniture.


My love of color hasn't changed, but I can see why a home of neutrals can be so appealing. 
Could you live in a grey home or do you prefer lots of color? I'd love to hear!


3 comments:

  1. Grey and neutral for me since forever, I don't do well with color. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this look! If I ever have children I could see wanting to infuse A LOT of color in their rooms, but I've always wanted an all white bedroom and a grey/tan toned living space with little bits of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd love a mostly grey home! I'm definitely a neutrals person - especially in decorating. :)
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete