Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

Christmas, New Year's, and finally a new year. 2012 was a good one, but I sure am excited about 2013.

We ended 2012 a lot like we started it. Lots of traveling and family time. Over nine days, we drove 1200 miles. We had a few bumps in the road, literally. Gray's 10 year old Tahoe had a little car trouble, and five hours and $1,000 later, we were back on the road home. As awful as it is to break down hours from home on Christmas Eve, the officers and tow truck company were so sweet and took great care of us. When I was worried about putting a car seat in a tow truck, the officer offered to take (a screaming) Tilley-Gray and me in his car to the shop. How nice is that? Our bank account a little bruised, but we got through it and made it to Gray's parents in time for dinner. Our own Christmas miracle.

Gray loading the car seat into the state trooper's car

Tilley-Gray had a great Christmas, and was spoiled by her grandparents with lots of toys. She especially loves her new chair from Land of Nod. I didn't know what she would do with it, but she is pretty pumped up about having her own chair.

To start the year, I read a book called My One Word that was written by the pastor of the church I attend, Port City Community Church. It's an easy read and one that I encourage you all to read. Instead of making a long list of resolutions, this forces clarity by focusing on only one word.  I would love to hear if you read it and what you think. The book just came out in December and has an amazing website where people around the world are sharing their "one word" and how they plan on using it. I haven't chosen mine yet, but have made a list. I will let you know as soon as I do!


I promise to be back more often with regular blog post. I hope you all had a great holiday!
Happy New Year!



3 comments:

  1. missed reading! Glad your back! Happy 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough start to the holidays! But at least you all looked good while toughing through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you returned home safely! Gotta love those NC Troopers! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete