Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

Sorry this is so late! My last official day of work was today, filled with food and cake tastings and planning details with a May bride. Not too bad for a last day of work, right? I hope your weekend was great. Mine was the perfect combination of relaxing and socializing. 

Friday night, the husband and I stayed in, made homemade pizza, and watched the UNC game. I also perused the new Martha Stewart magazine and guess what? She likes OPI's designer...debetter polish too. Say it ain't so. Who knew we had so much in common. 

Saturday was filled with a late breakfast at our favorite spot, Saltworks II which our next door neighbor owns. It's so good for breakfast, if you are ever in Wilmington, I highly recommend it. Saturday night we went to a cocktail party at my good friend Carson's house. Here are just a few of my girlfriends that were in attendance, Elisha, me Kelly, and Carson. I'm horrible at taking pictures so there about 10 other girlfriends that I didn't get pictures with, but we all had so much fun hanging out. I love a good cocktail party but being 9.5 months pregnant can pose a major wardrobe challenge. I was able to stretch a cashmere sweater dress and thankfully an old trusty Gryphon leather jacket still fit. I bought it about 5 years ago in New York from Intermix and I have gotten my monies worth out of it!


Sunday was filled with total nesting before the in-laws came in town. We couldn't stop. Cabinets were emptied and shelves were wiped down, dogs were washed, sheets were changed; even the pantry got an overall. Do I see a babe in my near future? Hopefully she won't be tardy because I'm not sure I can contain my excitement to meet her. Grayson and I are so excited we can hardly stand it. (I'm terrified, but excited!)

I hope you all had a great weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I found your blog through Pink Wallpaper. I have a five-month-old boy (he was almost two weeks late) and I could barely stand at 9+ months pregnant, much less attend a party. He's the sweetest little angel, however, and being a mama is really the best thing ever. Best wishes with the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be terrified! You will be a natural and not even realize it. This baby has lived in your tummy for over 9 months and knows everything about you - the food you like, your schedule, the way you sleep; it's amazing how someone you will have just met knows more about you than you realize. Good luck and you look great!!

    ReplyDelete