Monday, May 21, 2012

mom, inc.

If you have read the book, Creative, Inc. by Joy Cho and Meg Mateo Ilasco, you know that it's a book about how to run a successful freelance business. I downloaded the book a while back and have referenced it quite a bit, especially when I'm doubting myself. 
Meg Mateo Ilasco just launched a similar book with co-author, Cat Seto, called Mom, Inc. I can't wait to read this book, as it talks about motherhood, working from home, and running a small business. I think all Moms that work from home struggle with finding a balance between being a mom, a full time job in itself, and the work that they (hopefully) love. You can read more about the book here. My favorite quote just might be...
"Think less about the word “balance” and think more about “making it work."


Do you have any tips for working from home?

3 comments:

  1. This is great!! I have been tossing and turning at night thinking of how to pursue what I love and dream to do, while being successful AND being a great Mom/Wife. I'll have to grab this one to read. Thanks for always being so inspirational. Wish I had some tips for you but maybe soon enough. Keep up the great work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Can't wait to pick this up to read. Thank you for sharing this. Hopefully one day I will be able to make this a reality for me. So happy to hear things are going well for you! Best of luck with your new company...can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I work from home full time for a television network. It is not easy, but my best advice is to compartmentalize as much as possible. Do not try to play both roles - mom & career woman - at once or you will feel you cannot exceed at either. Get a reliable nanny (or two for back up) and let them go in and out with the keys once you trust them. Focus on work 100% when you work, and focus on being a mom 100% outside of the working hours.

    And have a separate workspace.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete