Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 11 of Things I Love: Art

 My art history and design classes really pull at my heart strings when I visit museums or go to gallery openings. I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to art; I would rather have originals or bare walls and nothing in between. I can't see hanging a print of a Monet or the like just to fill space. Art is one of the few things in life that I am patient about; I can browse a gallery for hours and really stand and look at paintings and portraits and photographs for hours on end and it not bother me a bit. There is a huge painting at one of my favorite stores in Wilmington, Paysage, that is gorgeous, but I don't have the funds for it. I stop by every few weeks to check on it, and after almost two years, I still love it.
I think that art is one of the most personal choices you can make in your home, so when you are buying art, really commit to the style. Gray and I have collected pieces on our travels to Costa Rica and Key West and New York and each time I see them, I remember the experience that we had on that particular vacation. I am really looking forward to continuing this tradition so that one day our home is filled with art treasures from around the world.

Ellen Rakieten's home featured in this month's issue of Elle Decor
Designed by Nate Berkus and Anne Coye


Angie Hranowsky's Charleston home

Angie Hranowsky's Charleston home



Kate Long Stevenson
This is beautiful artwork that I recently found. I love the colors and the large scale of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment